1976 Zemaitis Custom Deluxe Metal Front Bass John Waite/The Babys
Well, the work of Tony Zemaitis is quite rightly called “Art With Strings” this instrument is a perfect example of why.
Ordered by John Waite and delivered by Tony to John in 1976. John of course is very well known and respected for his work with The Babys, Bad English and The Ringo Starr All Starr Band not to mention his outstanding success as a solo artist.
Dating from 1976 this bass was employed through the lifespan of The Babys. It has been used for recording and live shows. The bass is in incredibly clean original condition, it is an un-circulated one owner instrument that is now 37 years old.
The build specification is as high and complete as was possible back in 1976. I have never seen a Z bass as stunning as this and with superb and highly detailed engraving by Danny O’Brien. The P-Bass pickups on this guitar were a gift to Tony Zemaitis from Eric Clapton.
- Solid mahogany body & neck
- Hand made & engraved tailpiece
- Handmade adjustable bridge
- Incredibly intricate engraving by Danny O’Brien
- AC ZEMAITIS GUITAR MAKER ENGLAND engraved onto the metal front
- 1976 engraved into the upper low E shoulder
- Fluer-De-Lys Zemaitis emblem
- Engraved truss rod cover JOHN WAITE
- Schaller tuners
- Fully Documented
- Johns original but road worn road case
Video of John on the Guitar
Yet another video of this Great Zemaitis in Action!