1971 Zemaitis 6 String Acoustic Custom Deluxe Artist Ordered and Owned
Stunning large body 6 string acoustic dating from 1971. 44 years old & in excellent original condition, it is a one owner guitar & is completely un-circulated.
Ordered by Glenn Goring back in 1971, Glenn was the guitarist with Comus
& the band had just completed & released their first album “First Utterance”, it has been in Glenn’s ownership from day one.
The early 70s were a time of significant growth for Tony Z many artists such as Ron Wood, Rod Stewart, George Harrison & Ronnie Lane were all ordering acoustic guitars from Tony. The build quality & specifications on this guitar are outstanding.
It is a huge guitar with an equally huge sound & like all of Tony’s guitars. Completely handmade & totally unique, just look at the Brazilian rosewood back it is simply stunning. Try finding a piece of Brazilian to construct an acoustic guitar with these dimensions today.
Some Features for this Zemaitis Acoustic
- Brazilian rosewood back & sides
- Brazilian rosewood bridge
- Hand created & inlaid sound hole mosaic
- Unique Shell pickguard
- Ebony fingerboard
- Brazilian rosewood Heel cap
- Mahogany neck
- Grover tuners
- Sterling silver Fleur-De-Lys headstock Zemaitis badge
- Sterling Silver Engraved Truss rod cover
- Engraved by Danny O’Brien
- Compensated bone nut
- Original blue label signed by Tony Zemaitis
Full documentation included
Videos of Glenn Playing the Guitar