Traynor YGM-3 Vintage Reissue 20W 1×12 Hand Wired Guitar Combo Open Box Demo
Built for the player that refuses to compromise his or her sound, the Traynor Re-issue YGM-3 recaptures the tone, warmth, feel, and responsiveness of one of the classic guitar amplifiers of all time. Built using truly hand-wired point-to-point circuitry throughout, the Traynor YGM-3 uses only high-grade fiberglass insulated wire for all connections—no printed circuit boards or surface mount components are used.
Vintage Parts and Original Amp Specifications
Parts for the Traynor YGM-3 Re-issue were sourced from the original suppliers and built to the original design specifications wherever possible. The paper bobbin transformers were recreated for the YGM-3 by Hammond Canada, a source for Traynor parts since the ’60s. Premium polypropylene capacitors, Switchcraft jacks, and Accutronics reverb tanks are used today, just as they were in the ’60s and ’70s. The original supplier even painstakingly recreated the unique grille cloth used on the original YGM-3 for the re-issue.
Vintage Tube Tremolo
A throwback to the day when almost every guitar amp had some iteration of a tremolo effect, the distinctive foot-switchable YGM-3 amplitude bias tremolo can go from a swamp boogie to psychedelic with the turn of a knob, then dialed down for a truly unique and subtle jazz tone.
The Legendary Jensen Alnico Magnet Speaker
The Jensen P12Q Alnico magnet speaker produces the ultimate vintage guitar tone. A truly premium speaker made using a unique combination of aluminum, nickel and cobalt, the three elements (AlNiCo) that gives the speaker its name. Designed to sound their best in a premium tone-box tube amplifier like the YGM-3, the 12″ Jensen P12Q Alnico magnet speaker delivers warmth, character and a responsiveness ideal for that ultimate blues, jazz, or classic rock sound.
Tube Guitar Combos Series Overview
North American built all-tube Traynor guitar amplifier combos deliver maximum versatility and superior all-tube tone. Careful attention to detail during the design stage and quality component selection during manufacturing ensures years of unmatched reliability and sonic versatility.
Traynor guitar combos are made with a solid plywood cabinet construction. Traynor believes that medium-density fiberboard (MDF) or particleboard often used by other manufacturers can’t deliver great guitar tone or a long rattle-free life. A heavy gauge all-metal box chassis protects electronic components in every model.
Traynor is so sure of the design and its manufacturing prowess that all Traynor guitar amplifiers are covered with a two-year unlimited warranty.
- Point-to-point hand-wired circuitry
- Connections made using high-grade braided wire
- Canadian made Hammond paper bobbin power and output transformers built to the original design specifications
- Jensen P12Q Alnico magnet speaker
- Illinois metalized polypropylene capacitors, switchcraft jacks & JJ supply caps
- Electro Harmonix 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Hand-selected JJ EL84 output tubes
- Accutronics long-spring medium-decay reverb tank
- Custom vintage grill cloth (sourced from the original supplier)
- Solid plywood cabinet and steel box chassis construction for outstanding reliability and tone
- Quality component selection.
- Heavy gauge perforated all metal grille with cloth cover to protect speakers (YCV series only).
- All-metal box chassis to protect electronics components and tubes.
- All tube audio signal path
- Fully regulated power supply with tube rectifier emulation