2006 Fender Custom Shop Eric Clapton Blackie Stratocaster
Limited to 275 Guitars worldwide Masterbuilt by Mark Kendrick SN MK409/275
This guitar has been in a private collection since day one and has not been played. Stored in a smoke free climate controlled environment, it is exactly as it was when it left the fender factory! Complete with all paperwork & accessories & original case.
Masterbuilt by Mark Kendrick, The Eric Clapton Tribute Blackie Stratocaster is one of the most sought after guitars ever made. Limited to 275 for a worldwide market, this guitar became available to the public on November 24, 2006. The price back then was $24,000.00 and they were all sold out within hours!
The original Blackie was exhaustively examined and measured for the reproduction. The reproduction Blackie’s were constructed by a team of master builders, with each of the various 275 produced being assigned to one master builder.
One of these “Blackie” replicas was played by Eric during a gig at the Royal Albert Hall on May 17th, 2006. to quote Mike Eldred, Director of Sales and Marketing for Fender’s Custom Shop, said “This is a dream come true, to work so closely with this magical piece of rock history. To hold BLACKIE and to think about all it has been through and how much fantastic music has come out of it, it’s really an indescribable feeling”.
The Tribute Series Blackie guitar became instantly collectible .” This guitar bearing the serial number MK409 was made in August 2006:
- Model Name: Eric Clapton Tribute Blackie Stratocaster Model Number: 015-0070-(806)
- Series: Custom Shop “Tribute” Series
- Body: Comfort Contoured ’56 Alder Body
- Neck: 1-Piece Tinted Maple ’57 Neck, “V” Shape
- Fingerboard: Maple (7.25″ Radius/184 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Vintage Style Nickel Silver
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Width @ Nut: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Machine Heads: Fender/Gotoh Blackie Chrome/Gold/Chrome Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Bridge: “Blocked” American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply, 8 Hole, White
- Pickups: 3 Custom Blackie Strat Single Coils
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Middle Pickup Position 3. Neck Pickup (5-Way Switch Included in Kit)
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Colors: (806) Black (Nitro-Cellulose Lacquer)
- Strings: Fender Super 250R’s (.010 to .046) Nickel Plated Steel pn# 073-0250-006
- WRENCH SIZES: .050″ Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench, pn# 0018531000
- Unique Features: Blocked 5-Spring Tremolo, This exact reproduction duplicates the weight, neckshape, dings, extensive wear patterns and cigarette burns of Clapton’s original Blackie guitar.
- Source: U.S. Custom Shop
- Accessories: Custom Hardshell Case, Strap, Cable, “Ash Tray” Bridge Cover
Introduced in 2006… now discontinued.