1986 PRS 24 Vintage Cherry
Later to be renamed the Standard 24 back in 86 it was simply the PRS 24, an incredible example of Paul Reed Smith’s early work the SN puts this into the sub 900 range, finished in original Vintage Cherry & in extraordinarily fine condition, the guitars weighs in at 7LB 7OZ so basically a featherweight & just perfect for standing on-stage all night playing away, acoustically the guitar rings like a bell, this transposes into an awesome sounding guitar when amplified.
Certainly Paul was paying very close attention to the guitar development & specifically to the smallest details, this guitar is near perfection in tone, playability & design.
This PRS guitar does have the “star” in the pickup route, it depends who you want to believe on this subject but the story is that this indicates that Paul or Mike Deely worked on it, whatever you want to believe, very few guitars have this symbol. Issue free in every respect, no mods, no repairs, no excuses! Original hardshell case in included. Next to zero wear on the frets or fingerboard.
- 1986 PRS 24 (later called Standard 24)
- Serial number below 900
- Vintage Cherry finish
- Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard
- Solid Honduran Mahogany body & neck
- Schaller S winged tuners
- Sweet switch with 5 way rotary selector
- Small heel /small headstock logo
- Inked serial number
- Original no friction nut
- Regular neck carve
- Original hardshell case with keys
- Restring instruction chart
- D’addario swing tag from 1986
- Original trem arm
- Electronic control instruction sheet
- Bridge maintenance instruction sheet