Eastman AR604CE Jim Fisch Oval Hole Archtop Guitar
- Arched spruce top with bound oval soundhole,
- 16-1/8″ lower bout,
- Arched mahogany back and sides,
- Ivoroid bound mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard, 22 frets,
- Ivoroid bound headstock overlay and pickguard,
- Rosewood bridge and tailpiece cover,
- Ivoroid binding on body top and back,
- Black-Ivory-Black top purfling,
- Pickup, voume and tone controls mounted to pickguard,
- 1-3/4″ nut width,
- 24-3/4″ scale
Original but well scuffed hard-shell case includedJim Fisch had a life long passion for archtop guitars and the music created by these instruments. In 1982 Jim co-arthured “Epiphone – The House of Staphopolous” documenting the historic company. His regular contributions to 20th Century Guitars kept players and collectors abreast of the most recent innovations in the guitar industry.
Jim joined Eastman Guitars in 2004 to help us expand and improve our line of instruments. His accomplishments can be seen throughout nearly every one of our guitars and mandolins.
The Jim Fisch archtop guitars represent the last project that Jim worked on before his sudden death in 2006. Jim’s hope was that these guitars would allow players who did not own an archtop guitar the ability to do so. Eastman is dedicating these guitars to Jim’s memory, and will donate a portion of the proceeds from each guitar sale to the newly formed Jim Fisch Foundation, which will work to expose the music of the archtop guitar to individulas throughout the world.
Each Jim Fisch Archtop Guitar is hand crafted with a solid Spruce for the top and Mahogany back and sides. These guitars feature Rosewood fingerboards and are available in Classic and Classic/Sunburst finishes.