Gibson Music Rising Les Paul Classic 95/300 – Commemorative Hurricane Katrina Limited Edition
Following a visit to New Orleans in November 2005, U2’s The Edge announced the unveiling of Music Rising, a campaign to raise funds to replace the lost instruments and accessories of the musicians affected by the hurricanes that devastated the Gulf Coast region. Lead partners Gibson Guitars and Guitar Center Music Foundation spearheaded the initial effort by collaborating on the design, manufacture and sale of an exclusive Gibson guitar with all proceeds going directly to the Music Rising program.
The guitar was available exclusively through Guitar Center. The instrument captures the essence of the Gulf Coast’s musical tradition. 300 total were produced with all proceeds benefiting Music Rising and a pledge of $1 million in support. The Gibson Music Rising guitar features hand-painted designs using the colors of Mardi Gras. Each guitar is individually painted and handmade so no two are alike. All of the usual plastic parts (back plate, pick guard, toggle cover, truss rod cover) have been replaced by woods from the States affected by the hurricanes and the Music Rising logo, exclusive to this guitar, is etched into the pick guard.
The guitar has never been played other than to tune & check, it was purchased new & promptly placed into a smoke free climate controlled facility until now
- Model: Music Rising Les Paul Classic
- Serial: 055907 (192 of 300)
- Solid Mahogany Body
- Figured Maple Top
- Hand-Painted Raw Finish ~ with Mardi Gras colors!
- Mahogany Set Neck
- Bound Rosewood Fretboard
- 22 Frets
- Trapezoid Fret Inlays
- Chrome Hardware
- Gibson Vintage Style Tuners
- Wood Pick-guard, Truss Rod Cover & Back-Plates ~ made from woods retreived from the actual states that were harmed by “Hurricane Katrina”!
- Engraved Pick-Guard ~ Reads “Music Rising”
- Burstbucker Pro Humbucker Pickups
- 2 Volume & 2 Tone Controls
- 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector
- Weighs 9.3 lbs.
- Nut Width: 1.69
- Scale: 24 3/4″