2008 Gibson Custom John Sykes Les Paul Custom “Aged” #4
In storage since being bought new in 2008, Serial Number JS 004, in perfect ex factory condition, never played, complete with all paperwork, accessories & hardshell case.
The John Sykes Les Paul Custom “Aged” Electric Guitar re-creates Sykes number one instrument-a 1978 Les Paul Custom – so that it reflects the wear and changes it has undergone in the 26 years John has played it. It is a guitar that has seen duty through his early years with Tygers of Pan Tang, Whitesnake, and Thin Lizzy. It is also available as a VOS model, with a gracefully aged look.
John Sykes LP Custom “Aged” Ebony. Throughout an amazing career, John’s beloved 1978 Les Paul Custom has been his main guitar. From his early years with British rockers Tygers of Pan Tang, to the wild ’80s ride of Whitesnake and Thin Lizzy, John has sold millions of records and amazed guitar fans everywhere with his combination of intensely melodic solos and hard-rocking accompaniment. We salute John on his incredible musical accomplishments, and we’re proud to introduce his prized Les Paul Custom.
Gibson’s Custom Shop produces some of the finest electric guitars on earth. Using the best materials money can buy, a staff of skilled luthiers reproduce some of the greatest Gibsons of the past and create stunning new instruments for players and collectors who demand the best.
- Carved maple top
- Solid mahogany back
- Multi-ply white/black binding on top and back
- Aged chrome hardware
- Aged aluminum Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge
- Aged ebony finish
- Mirror pickguard
- Aged metal chrome switch washer (no switch tip)
- 3-piece maple neck
- 22-fret ebony fingerboard
- Pearl block inlays
- Single-ply white neck binding
- Rounded neck profile
- 24-3/4″ scale
- 1-11/16″ nut width
- Aged chrome Grover tuners
- Brass nut
- 70s-style Gibson headstock logo
- ’57 Classic exposed humbucking pickups with aged chrome mount rings
- 2 volume, 1 tone, 3-way selector switch
- Gibson Custom Shop case, certificate of authenticity