2007 Gibson Pete Townshend Les Paul Deluxe Number 9
In storage since release by Gibson in 2007 complete with everything ex-factory, dead mint condition and never played!
In the 1970s, Pete Townshend made the Les Paul Deluxe his weapon of choice for The Who’s live shows. The Townshend Signature Deluxe recreates all the quirky aspects of Pete’s #9 Deluxe, including the pancake body, neck volute, and extra toggle switches to control the added middle pickup.
This Les Paul Deluxe differs from traditional Les Paul’s by having a 3 pickup combination – this version features two mini-humbuckers and a single DiMarzio Dual Sound pickup in the middle position. The controls differ from the traditional also by having one master tone – three volume controls – two mini toggles which control the DiMarzio pickup one taps the pickup where the other puts it out of phase.
The stick-on #9 was Pete’s simplistic way of quickly identifying different guitars with alternate tunings.
- Gibson Custom Shop Artist Signature Collection Series
- Nashville, TN, U.S.A.
- Available in 2007
- Standard Colors: Clown Sunburst.
- Pick Ups: 2 Mini-Humbuckers (Neck, Bridge), DiMarzio Dual Sound Humbucking Pickup (Middle).
- Body: Three Piece Maple Top, Pancake Mahogany Back.
- Neck: Mahogany.
- Fingerboard: Rosewood.
- Number of Frets: 22.
- Scale Length: 24 ¾ inches.
- Options: Pete Townshend Neck Profile
- Set Neck
- Thin Holly Headstock Veneer
- Silk Screened “Les Paul Model” On Headstock
- “Deluxe” On Truss Rod Cover
- Single-Ply Fingerboard and Body Binding
- Pearloid Trapezoid Inlays
- Nashville Tune-O-Matic Bridge
- Stop Tailpiece
- Chrome Grover Kidney Bean Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- Metal Jack PLate
- Amber Top Hat Knobs
- 3 Volume Controls
- Master Tone Control
- 3-way Pickup selectpr switch
- DiMarzio Tap Switch
- DiMarzio Phase Switch
- Nitro-cellulose Lacquered Finish
- Custom shop Case With Silk Screen Signature
- Certificate Of Authenticity Signed By Pete Townshend
- Vinyl Number “9” Affixed To guitar Top