2003 Gibson Custom Shop 1968 Les Paul Custom Flame Top
Purchased new in 2003, unplayed except for tuning/checking.
With its distinctive style and long list of appointments, the 1968 Les Paul Custom has long been a favorite of players and collectors. Featuring the trademark split diamond headstock inlay and lavishly bound body, this Les Paul Custom version adds a carved, flame maple top. The guitar’s ’57 Classic humbuckers provide the smoothest, richest tone of any of the Gibson pickups while gold hardware adds a sumptuous glow under the stage lights.
Gibson’s Custom Shop produces some of the finest electric guitars on earth. Using the best materials money can buy, a staff of skilled luthiers reproduce some of the greatest Gibsons of the past and create stunning new instruments for players and collectors who demand the best.
- Highly figured maple top
- Solid mahogany back
- Multi-ply white/black binding on top & back
- Gold hardware
- ABR-1 bridge, stopbar tailpiece
- 1-piece mahogany neck w/long neck tenon
- 22-fret bound ebony fingerboard
- Pearl block inlays
- Rounded neck profile
- 24-3/4″ scale length, 1 11/16″ nut width
- Kidney bean tuners
- ’57 Classic humbucking pickups
- 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector switch
- Includes Custom Shop case and certificate of authenticity