1994 Gibson ES 355 Centennial #1918
We have just uncovered this guitar in storage from day one in a smoke free & climate controlled environment. It was the guitar of the month in June 1994, the serial number is 1918, this number is inlaid in diamonds on the tailpiece & has the corresponding number handwritten on the original inner label.
For certain, it is a very rare Gibson ES-355 Centennial, 100 Year Anniversary guitar. One of only 100 made in 1994 to commemorate
Gibson’s 100th year. NEW OLD STOCK CONDITION, the guitar was never retailed or played , a very small amount of natural age to the gold hardware which could easily be polished out.
Special Centennial Limited Edition appointments include:
- 11pt. Diamond on the Gibson headstock logo
- 5pt. Diamonds on 22K plated top hat knobs
- Jeweled sterling silver serial number embedded on the tailpiece
- Gold plated top hat knobs with embedded Gibson 100 Year Anniversary logo
- Mother of pearl inlays including 12th fret 100th Anniversary banner
- Each guitar will be numbered in series from 1894-1994, signifying Gibson’s 100 years
- 22K gold plated anniversary Orville Gibson coin embedded on the back of the headstock
- Silk-screened anniversary headstock cover
- Hand tooled leather case-complete with outer case cover
- Mint condition & all original