1969 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Humbucker Conversion + Stinger
A superb Gibson Les Paul Goldtop from early 1969. Certainly a players grade guitar due to the modifications. The guitar has been tastefully and professionally tweaked to offer a true vintage LP that performs superbly and sounds incredible.
- Originally supplied by GC Hollywood around 2 years ago
- Early 1969 build.
- One-piece mahogany body with a one-piece maple top (grain running parallel to neck axis).
- Three-piece neck with a smaller 3-1/4″ headstock. Beefy neck profile.
- Transition neck tenon.
- Original bridge, stop, knobs, toggle, poker chip, truss rod cover, nut, back cavity plastic. Pickguard added when conversion done (40+ years ago—possibly the original was recut)
- Pots date from 1973 so that is probably when the conversion was done to full-size humbuckers.
- Era correct T-top humbuckers.
- Top bout step button had been relocated at some point in the past and hole filled and button is in correct location.
- Guitar is light weight for the era.
- No breaks.
- Refret with 6105 at some point.
- Neck is straight and plays well.
- RS replacement tuners (originals included).
- Had Grovers on it at some point.
- Back of headstock thinned down and stinger added a long time ago for unknown reason.
- Was purchased from the Vintage Room at the Hollywood GC a couple of years ago.