2008 Elvis Costello Fender Jazzmaster Aged Tribute
The Elvis Costello Signature Jazzmaster guitar honors one of the most recognized and recognizable Jazzmaster players in pop music history.
Costello’s original instrument has gone through many changes in the past 30 years, and this new Jazzmaster faithfully replicates the guitar as it existed at the time he recorded his acclaimed 1977 debut album, “My Aim Is True”.
Uniquely Costello-ish features include an early ’70s neck design, walnut stain finish and a tremolo with easier and greater travel for that spine-tingling “Watching The Detectives” spy movie sound!
- Replication of Costello’s circa 1977 Jazzmaster
- Walnut Stain Finish
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 7.25″
- Frets: 21, Vintage Style Frets
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Nut Width: 1.650″
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Fender/Gotoh Vintage Style
- Bridge: Vintage Style “Floating” Tremolo with Trem Lock Button
- Pickguard: 4-ply Brown Shell
- Neck and Bridge Pickups: Special Design American Vintage Jazzmaster Single-Coil
- 3-Position Pickup Toggle
- 2-position Lead Circuit Slide
- Tremolo arm bent at steeper angle, and looser tension for more travel
- Late 60s/early 70s logo
- Case: Deluxe Brown Hardshell